The AE2014 is now available here. The document summarises the reports of the AE2014 Parallel Sessions as received by the session chairs. Information is also provided on the opening ceremony and the show cooking event organised on the opening day and the winners of the AE2014 Poster Awards, as designated by the Session Chairs and Programme co-chairs, as well as the winners of the AquaTT and Aqualex Multimedia Consortium Lindsay Laird Award and the EAS Student Group Ibrahim Okumus Award.
During the AE2014 event in Donostia - San Sebastian, EAS and EATiP co-organised a special one-day event to address the production performance of the sea bass and sea bream sector by providing a forum for discussion of some of the important technical challenges that underlie production performance.
The event brought together our scientific and production knowledge to help better explain and understand the issues that may contribute to this position, so as to facilitate cooperation and actions to solve them. The full report of this succesful event is available by clicking on the cover photo.
EAS (Alistair Lane), FEAP (Courtney Hough) and University of Stirling (John Bostock) have recently completed a study requested by the European Parliament that provides an assessment of the impact, economic and ecological, of increased growth of the European aquaculture sector by identifying the challenges to growth and how these may be overcome.
Get the report
FAI are looking to appoint a Manager and Trials Assistant for the Fish Health Unit at their research facility in Ardtoe, Scotland. More details here.
The Department of Biology (BIO) has a vacancy for an Associate Professor in Fish Anatomy within the Marine Developmental Biology research group (MDB) More info here
At the opening session of its Aquaculture Europe 2014 event in Donostia-San Sebastián in Spain on October 14th, the European Aquaculture Society (EAS ) gave its Honorary Life Membership Award to Michael New and its Distinguished Service Award to Yves Harache, for their long-term contributions to the development of aquaculture and the activities of the Society. AE2014 was attended by almost 1500 participants from 71 countries, making it the biggest Aquaculture Europe event to date.
For their business unit Health & Nutrition within the department Animal Nutrition Services, to work at the Hanau location Evonik Industries is looking for a Manager (m/f) Aqua Nutrition Research. More details are here.
- Dates fixed for AE2015 and AE2016
- 3 PhDs and 2 Post-Docs at the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- DIVERSIFY looks at emerging species for EU aquaculture
- Job vacancies at Swansea University
- Professorship available at NTNU, Department of Biology
- Major players in aquaculture production support the EAS
- Aquaculture International Impact Factor now over 1
- Help to promote EAS with these great cartoons
- AQUA 2012 Summary report
- Patrick Sorgeloos recognised by highest EAS Award
- FAO Photo Library
- From Visions to Reality: the future of offshore farming
- AE2011 Summary Report
- NOFIMA reports show insufficient scientific basis for assertions on the interactions between farmed and wild salmon!
- Honorary Life Membership for Pascal Divanach