The Institute of Aquaculture, University of Stirling is currently recruiting for a new post at Professor level to join the Aquaculture Nutrition Group at the Institute of Aquaculture, University of Stirling. More info here (pdf) or at following link: http://www.stir.ac.uk/about/jobs/details/index.html?nPostingId=912&nPostingTargetId=883&id=QUUFK026203F3VBQB7V79V7NE&LG=UK
Just prior to, and just after Aquaculture Europe 2015, we have organised three techincal tours for AE2015 delegates:
On Tuesday, October 20th (two tours):
- Shellfish culture, processing and research Yerseke, in the Zeeland province.
- Delta water works, Watersnoodmuseum and Building with Nature – oyster reef site in the Zeeland Province
On Saturday, October 24th:
Wageningen University & Freshwater fish farms
The AE2014 is now available here. The document summarises the reports of the AE2014 Parallel Sessions as received by the session chairs. Information is also provided on the opening ceremony and the show cooking event organised on the opening day and the winners of the AE2014 Poster Awards, as designated by the Session Chairs and Programme co-chairs, as well as the winners of the AquaTT and Aqualex Multimedia Consortium Lindsay Laird Award and the EAS Student Group Ibrahim Okumus Award.
During the AE2014 event in Donostia - San Sebastian, EAS and EATiP co-organised a special one-day event to address the production performance of the sea bass and sea bream sector by providing a forum for discussion of some of the important technical challenges that underlie production performance.
The event brought together our scientific and production knowledge to help better explain and understand the issues that may contribute to this position, so as to facilitate cooperation and actions to solve them. The full report of this succesful event is available by clicking on the cover photo.
EAS (Alistair Lane), FEAP (Courtney Hough) and University of Stirling (John Bostock) have recently completed a study requested by the European Parliament that provides an assessment of the impact, economic and ecological, of increased growth of the European aquaculture sector by identifying the challenges to growth and how these may be overcome.
Get the report
FAI are looking to appoint a Manager and Trials Assistant for the Fish Health Unit at their research facility in Ardtoe, Scotland. More details here.
- Vacancy for an Associate Professor in Fish Anatomy
- EAS honours Michael New and Yves Harache
- Vacancy for an Aqua Nutrition Research Manager at Evonik Industries
- Dates fixed for AE2015 and AE2016
- 3 PhDs and 2 Post-Docs at the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- DIVERSIFY looks at emerging species for EU aquaculture
- Job vacancies at Swansea University
- Professorship available at NTNU, Department of Biology
- Major players in aquaculture production support the EAS
- Aquaculture International Impact Factor now over 1
- Help to promote EAS with these great cartoons
- AQUA 2012 Summary report
- Patrick Sorgeloos recognised by highest EAS Award
- FAO Photo Library
- From Visions to Reality: the future of offshore farming