At the opening plenary session of the AQUA 2012 event, co-organised in Prague by the European and World Aquaculture Societies, Patrick Sorgeloos, Director of the Laboratory of Aquaculture and the Artemia Reference Center of the University of Ghent in Belgium, was presented with an Honorary Life Membership of EAS.
LATEST: See the draft Bremerhaven recommendations for Open Ocean Aquaculture that will be discussed and finalised during the event.
Many thanks for having been with us in Rhodes and look forward to seeing you in Prague for AQUA 2012. Click on the logo on the right.....
NOFIMA reports show insufficient scientific basis for assertions on the interactions between farmed and wild salmon!
The Federation of European Aquaculture Producers (FEAP) presented its annual award for excellence in European aquaculture to Bjørn Myrseth in recognition of his past and continuing contributions to aquaculture in Europe. More...
The Fisheries and Aquaculture Department of FAO is pleased to announce the publication of seven technical documents on aquaculture which are of global relevance, namely the Global Synthesis of aquaculture development status and trends, and six Regional Reviews of aquaculture development, status and trends (including the European Review, with extensive contribution from EAS). See more
- GREAT OFFER from the EAS Student Group
- AE2010 SUMMARY document, Presentations & Participants
- Courtney Hough receives highest EAS Award
- Boosting Europe's aquaculture production
- Call for contributions to FAO overview of COPs/BMPs in aquaculture
- European Parliament aquaculture studies available online
- AwF launches online donation appeal
- Our peer reviewed journal launches "perspectives"
- Your PhD thesis on the AQUA-TNET PhD portal
- AE2009 abstract CD for sale!
- Best Poster Awards at AE2009
- FAO Global Aquaculture Conference - June 2010
- Impact of EU Research
- International website dedicated to fish reproduction
- Article on farming of soles