NTNU, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Technology, The Department of Biology, announces a vacant position as Professor in aquaculture ecology. The position will be anchored within the Marine Sciences Group at the Department of Biology, and will be physically located at NTNU Centre of Fisheries and Aquaculture. The announced position will strengthen academic and research activities on environmental interactions of sea based salmon aquaculture, with particular focus on marine ecology and development of technologies for more sustainable production methods. Closing date: 2014‐03‐03. For information and application details see here
EAS is pleased to announce the support of Marine Harvest and Kiliç Deniz as new Premium Sponsors and of Skretting as sponsor of the EAS Student Group.
Dr John Joyce, a great friend of EAS and President of the society from 1990-1992, has drawn a series of four excellent cartoons to help promote the society and our activities.
Please feel free to use them in your presentations and help us recruit new members. See them here....
The report is a PDF mini-compilation of articles published in the December issue of the EAS Aquaculture Europe magazine, with summaries of the keynote speakers' presentations, the carp roundtable, the poster awards, the Student Group workshop and the Honorary Life Membership award made to Patrick Sorgeloos.
You can also see all of the AQUA 2012 abstracts online.....
At the opening plenary session of the AQUA 2012 event, co-organised in Prague by the European and World Aquaculture Societies, Patrick Sorgeloos, Director of the Laboratory of Aquaculture and the Artemia Reference Center of the University of Ghent in Belgium, was presented with an Honorary Life Membership of EAS.
LATEST: See the draft Bremerhaven recommendations for Open Ocean Aquaculture that will be discussed and finalised during the event.
- AE2011 Summary Report
- NOFIMA reports show insufficient scientific basis for assertions on the interactions between farmed and wild salmon!
- Honorary Life Membership for Pascal Divanach
- Bjørn Myrseth receives 2011 FEAP Award for Excellence
- FAO on GLOBAL aquaculture
- AQUA NOR FORUM Presentations and Summary
- GREAT OFFER from the EAS Student Group
- AE2010 SUMMARY document, Presentations & Participants
- Courtney Hough receives highest EAS Award
- Boosting Europe's aquaculture production
- Call for contributions to FAO overview of COPs/BMPs in aquaculture
- European Parliament aquaculture studies available online
- AwF launches online donation appeal
- Our peer reviewed journal launches "perspectives"
- Your PhD thesis on the AQUA-TNET PhD portal