1st edition: ADVANCES IN SUSTAINABLE AQUACULTURE PROCEDURES
The four-day event will facilitate discussion and exchange of information between European Research Area members, specially the ones from Overseas Regions and Overseas Countries and territories on current aquaculture issues dealing with marine spatial planning, ecosystem interactions and aquaculture development in coastal areas.
This scientific and technical course will be organized around specific modules focusing on:
Aquaculture Development in Coastal Areas; Health and Welfare; Breeding and Genetics; Marine Spatial Planning; Ecosystem Interactions
More info here (pdf)
The Programme Grid for Aquaculture Europe 2015 is now online, so that you can see the sessions planned for the different days. Click on the AE2015 logo top right to access the link. Remember too that the hotel rooms that we have blocked in Rotterdam are going fast, so book your accommodation online asap to avoid disappointment....
The EcoAqua Workshop on the Application of an Ecosystem Approach for the development of Sustainable Aquaculture in Overseas Regions and Overseas Countries and Territories will take place in Las Palmas from the 13 to the 16th of July.
The objectives of the workshop are to:
1. Analyse the status and issues of Aquaculture in ORs and OCTs
2. Define Guidelines to foster the Development of Sustainable Aquaculture under an Ecosystem Approach.
More info: http://ecoaqua.ulpgc.es/workshopjuly15
The Institute of Aquaculture, University of Stirling is currently recruiting for a new post at Professor level to join the Aquaculture Nutrition Group at the Institute of Aquaculture, University of Stirling. More info here (pdf) or at following link: http://www.stir.ac.uk/about/jobs/details/index.html?nPostingId=912&nPostingTargetId=883&id=QUUFK026203F3VBQB7V79V7NE&LG=UK
Just prior to, and just after Aquaculture Europe 2015, we have organised three techincal tours for AE2015 delegates:
On Tuesday, October 20th (two tours):
- Shellfish culture, processing and research Yerseke, in the Zeeland province.
- Delta water works, Watersnoodmuseum and Building with Nature – oyster reef site in the Zeeland Province
On Saturday, October 24th:
Wageningen University & Freshwater fish farms
- AE2014 Summary Report
- AE2014: REPORT on the Performance of the sea bass and sea bream sector
- Study Report on EU aquaculture for the European Parliament
- Job vacancies at FAI Ardtoe Marine research Facility
- Vacancy for an Associate Professor in Fish Anatomy
- EAS honours Michael New and Yves Harache
- Vacancy for an Aqua Nutrition Research Manager at Evonik Industries
- Dates fixed for AE2015 and AE2016
- 3 PhDs and 2 Post-Docs at the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- DIVERSIFY looks at emerging species for EU aquaculture
- Job vacancies at Swansea University
- Professorship available at NTNU, Department of Biology
- Major players in aquaculture production support the EAS
- Aquaculture International Impact Factor now over 1
- Help to promote EAS with these great cartoons