The Scottish Aquaculture Research Forum (SARF) is pleased to announce a further call for proposals for research and development projects, and would also like to issue a reminder that the earlier 2013 call is still open for applications until the 27th of September. Details on the SARF website www.sarf.org.uk
The dates are now confirmed for our Aquaculture Europe 2015 and 2016 events.
AE2015 will take place in Rotterdam from October 20-23, 2015
AE2016 will take place in Edinburgh from September 20-23, 2016.
See the press release on AE2016
You can also register andbook your hotel online. Be quick to get the best registration rate and be sure of your room! We look forward to seeing you in Trondheim to help us in "Making Sense of Science"! NEW: Plenary speaker profiles are now online......
Dr John Joyce, a great friend of EAS and President of the society from 1990-1992, has drawn a series of four excellent cartoons to help promote the society and our activities.
Please feel free to use them in your presentations and help us recruit new members. See them here....
The report is a PDF mini-compilation of articles published in the December issue of the EAS Aquaculture Europe magazine, with summaries of the keynote speakers' presentations, the carp roundtable, the poster awards, the Student Group workshop and the Honorary Life Membership award made to Patrick Sorgeloos.
You can also see all of the AQUA 2012 abstracts online.....
At the opening plenary session of the AQUA 2012 event, co-organised in Prague by the European and World Aquaculture Societies, Patrick Sorgeloos, Director of the Laboratory of Aquaculture and the Artemia Reference Center of the University of Ghent in Belgium, was presented with an Honorary Life Membership of EAS.
- A second PREMIUM SPONSOR for EAS
- FAO Photo Library
- From Visions to Reality: the future of offshore farming
- AE2011 Summary Report
- NOFIMA reports show insufficient scientific basis for assertions on the interactions between farmed and wild salmon!
- Honorary Life Membership for Pascal Divanach
- Bjørn Myrseth receives 2011 FEAP Award for Excellence
- FAO on GLOBAL aquaculture
- AQUA NOR FORUM Presentations and Summary
- GREAT OFFER from the EAS Student Group
- AE2010 SUMMARY document, Presentations & Participants
- Courtney Hough receives highest EAS Award
- Boosting Europe's aquaculture production
- Call for contributions to FAO overview of COPs/BMPs in aquaculture
- European Parliament aquaculture studies available online